Monday, April 27, 2009

Why is it?

We know what to do. We know how to make it happen. We know that if we were to do these simple steps our life would be so much better. And yet we don't do it. Why? What is it that makes us ignore the things that will ultimately make our lives easier? For example, I pack my lunch every day for work. When I prebag everything and hard boil the eggs on Sunday I have a much easier time getting everything together throughout the week. Yet last night I just didn't wanna. I wanted to go to bed and worry about it tomorrow. What would I have done for food today? Who know but I didn't want to do it last night . I was ready to climb into bed and that nagging voice drug me into the kitchen where I did all I needed to do in about 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES! That is nothing compared to having to worry about it throughout the week.

Another example is I am supposed to track my food every day. Weight Watchers "gives" you a certain amount of points everyday and you are supposed to make sure that you stay within that number. When I religiously tracked I saw results every week. I stopped when I life went to pieces and guess what happened to my progress? You guessed it. It fell to pieces to.

Yet another example is I feel better when I go to bed early and wake up early so I can read the Bible before work. It always starts my day off so much better then when I don't. Do I do it consistently? No. Why? Who knows. It is like I like not functioning at 100%.

I could probably come up with another 100 examples of things I should be doing but don't but I need to figure out why. It might be as simple as laziness but then there might be something else behind it.

Does anyone else struggle with this or am I a unique beast?

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely NOT alone in THAT boat. I struggle with a lof of that myself. There are so many things that I need to do, or should do, that I don't. Getting up and reading the Bible in the morning is something I struggle with as well. I also have a tendency to start things gung ho, and then after awhile, kinda forget about it. So, no, Kathy, you are definitely NOT alone! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin