Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another Point of View

I've been quiet for a while now. Not because I didn't have anything to say...quite the opposite actually...but because I was trying to let the dust settle before I wrote anything. Here are my last few weeks in a nutshell.

3 people from the studio quit without notice. I know some of the details but out of respect for those involved I kept my mouth shut and will continue to do so. The actual events had nothing to do with me. Then the gal acting as manager asked to step down. She asked. I benefited. I was asked to take on the role of the manager of Express MiE. That's right. I'm the manager. Wanna know the crappy part? I wanted to shout it from the rooftops because I was excited. I believe in the studio and all that it is about. I didn't shout it though. I didn't write about it because I didn't want anything that I wrote to be taken the wrong way or...well...I don't know what.

Being in a manager type role isn't new to me. I've done it before. A few times. When I took the position on I chose to not bring the studio past with me. I have had things said to me recently that I would never say to another human being let alone a person in a management position above me. Another part that sucks is those people are choosing to shout their opinions from the rooftops. I kept mine to myself. I didn't gossip about it. I haven't even given any real details here. I won't either.

Here is the fact that remains. The heart and soul of the studio is the owner of Express MiE. She had this vision many years ago before anyone else was hired to work FOR her. My first pole class took place in her living room. It was just her. No one else. Just her, some poles and an idea. I was invited to attend by one of my best friends. Imagine that. Your best friend calls you and asks you if you want to attend a pole dancing class...at someone's house...that you don't know. I laughed and said no at first. Then I rethought it and went. I loved it. I went a few times. I loved it more. She talked about opening a studio. I thought that was a great idea. I even helped her when she was trying to name some of the pole tricks. It wasn't the right timing for me though. My ex-husband complained about the money. I stopped going. She hired some people and opened her studio. I joined. She had managed to transfer her ideas into a living breathing business. It changed my life. That is a fact.

People can choose to be a part of it or not but if they leave the studio is not without heart. The heart existed before them. It isn't them. It never will be. People enhance the experience. Whether those people are staff or other other students it is just an enhancement. They can't take away from what was already there.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job and may it be continually blessed!!! I am so happy that things are working out so well for you. I am sorry I didn't get to see ya while I was here in AZ but I am sure you are soooo busy with this new venutre and your family! I am just so happy to see all the good happening in your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard when you see things change like that, and some people feel like they are the major driving force of something.... We are seeing that as the camp we work for is going through some major changes this summer... it's hard as people struggle with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go you!! And I say, "SING IT FROM THE HOUSETOPS!!" You have a job you love! How awesome is that?! Especially right now! I'm so proud of you, and glad to hear the owner decided to be true to herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO YOU!!!!!! I can still remember when you had just started there, started your blog about it...and now you're managing it!!! So fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin